from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Delphic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to Delphi, a town of ancient Greece, on Mount Parnassus in Phocis, or to the sanctuary of Apollo at that place, the most celebrated fane of Greek worship.
- Of or pertaining to Apollo (as Apollo Delphinius, of Delphi), or to his priestess (the Pythoness) of the oracle of Delphi, who under inspiration delivered the responses of the oracle; hence, inspired.
- Also Delphinian.
- n. An inhabitant of Delphi.
- n. With the definite article, Apollo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Delphi or to the oracles of Apollo at Delphi
Sorry, no etymologies found.