from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fatty substance contained in the oil of the dolphin and the porpoise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the dauphin of France
- n. A fatty substance contained in the oil of the dolphin and the porpoise; -- called also phocenin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dolphin.
- In zoology, pertaining to a dolphin, or to the Delphinidæ.
- Pertaining or relating to the Dauphin of France.
- Also delphine, delphinian.
- n. A neutral fat found in the oil of several members of the genus Delphinus.
Latin delphinus a dolphin. (Wiktionary)