Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the characters of the Delphinidæ or Delphinoidea; like or likened to a dolphin.
- n. One of the Delphinidæ or Delphinoidea; a dolphin, porpoise, or any other living toothed cetacean not a cachalot.
- adj. zoology Pertaining to, or resembling, the dolphin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Pertaining to, or resembling, the dolphin.
- Latin delphinus a dolphin + -oid. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘delphinoid’.
List of adjectives such as everduring that do not frequent common speech and writing. A continuation of my list Adjectival Arcana, which had grown to over 7700 words and had become far too cumbersome.
amazing water creatures
Looking for tweets for delphinoid.