from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove magnetic properties from.
- transitive v. To erase (a magnetic storage device).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something nonmagnetic by removing its magnetic properties.
- v. To erase the contents of a magnetic storage device.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of magnetic properties; to render nonmagnetic. See magnetize.
- transitive v. To free from mesmeric influence; to demesmerize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of magnetic polarity.
- To demesmerize; restore from a mesmerized state to normal consciousness.
- Also spelled demagnetise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. erase (a magnetic storage device)
- v. make nonmagnetic; take away the magnetic properties (of)
From de- + magnetize (Wiktionary)