from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove or forbid military troops in (an area): demilitarize a buffer zone between hostile countries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove troops from an area
- v. To prevent troops from entering an area.
- v. To return an area to civilian control
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert from a military to a civil form of government; place under civil jurisdiction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove offensive capability from
- v. do away with the military organization and potential of
Sorry, no etymologies found.