from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The removal of nitrate or other nitrogen compounds, especially from water; denitrification
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disengaging, or removal, of nitric acid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A freeing from nitric acid.
- n. The process of removing the lower oxids of nitrogen from nitrous vitriol in making sulphuric acid. See denitrate, 2.
- n. The process of removing the nitric-acid radical from guncotton or other nitric esters, regenerating cellulose, etc. See denitrate, 3.
Sorry, no etymologies found.