Definitions

Sorry, no definitions found.

Etymologies

Sorry, no etymologies found.

Examples

  • As much as I hated to think about it, these machines were still in need of depot-level maintenance professional civilian maintenance, and on more than one occasion they have been known to sputter and die when coming to an abrupt stop.

    Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile

  • Readiness: All the bombers are on a 5 year rotation for depot-level maintenance.

    Hoisted From Comments - Buffpilot on Keeping Bombers in the Air

  • Boeing currently holds the contract for the program, which provides depot-level maintenance and modifications, supply-chain management and other critical support tasks for the cargo planes.

    Boeing, Northrop Are Competing

  • But when we look inside that O&M increase, we see that the approximately 75 percent, or the $77 billion portion that's being pointed to now, went to fund the increased operation of our forces and our bases, and only the remaining 25 percent inside those -- that O&M figure went to preserving the combat readiness of our forces by the purchase of spares and repair parts along with depot-level maintenance.

    CNN Transcript - Special Event: Joint Chiefs Chairman Addresses Congress on Military Readiness - September 27, 2000

  • VSE will lead its Naval Ship Transfer and Repair N*STAR team with services to foreign customers and allies to include design, configuration management, field engineering, maintenance planning, maintenance, spare parts support, training, casualty, and depot-level repair.

  • Services to foreign customers and allies will include design, configuration management, field engineering, maintenance planning, maintenance, spare parts support, training, casualty and depot-level repair.

  • The US Naval Air Systems Command in Patuxent River, MD recently issued $120 million in contracts to 3 firms, as modifications to previously awarded firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contracts, exercising options for depot-level repairs to its T56 Series III engines.

    Defense Industry Daily

  • Describing its design as a "low-risk and cost-effective" solution, Beechcraft says a T-6C fleet would be capable of delivering 18,000 flight hours or 25 years of operation before requiring depot-level maintenance.

    HEADLINES

  • Jacksonville, Fla., has been awarded a $48,000,000 cost-plus award-fee, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract to perform depot-level preservation on Navy submarines, aircraft carriers, support craft and miscellaneous boats.

    Marine Log News

  • (N00019-09-D-0012) are each being awarded modifications to previously awarded firm-fixed-price, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contracts to exercise options for depot-level repair for the T56 Series III engine.

    Veterans Today

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.

Comments

Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.