from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Depressing or diminishing the capacity for movement.
- n. Any agent that depresses the activity of the motor centres.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Depressing or diminishing the capacity for movement, as depressomotor nerves, which lower or inhibit muscular activity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Causing a retardation of motor activity.
- n. An agent which retards motor activity.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.