from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A skin disease, especially one that is not accompanied by inflammation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. generic term for disease of the skin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of having a bony integument, or osseous exoskeleton, as exemplified by a sturgeon, turtle, or armadillo.
- n. In pathology, any disease of the skin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. disorder involving lesions or eruptions of the skin (in which there is usually no inflammation)
Sorry, no etymologies found.