from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete form of dais.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Dais.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A portion cut from a hay-stack with a hay-knife for immediate use.
- n. The portion of a sheaf or lot of grain or of a stack of hay which is left when a part is removed for use.
- To lay close together; pile in order.
- To cut (a section of hay) from a stack.
Sorry, no etymologies found.