American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A form of colorblindness characterized by insensitivity to green.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In psychophysics, a form of red-green colorblindness; the so-called green-blindness.
- n. A form of color blindness. Involves a defect in distinguishing between red and green.
- n. dichromacy characterized by a lowered sensitivity to green light resulting in an inability to distinguish green and purplish-red
- deuter(o)- + Greek anōpiā, blindness (an-, not; see a-1 + -ōpiā, -opia), so called because green is considered the second of the primary colors. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The regular color blindness tests (Ishikawa plates) test primarily for red-green (protanopia and deuteranopia), and not for tritanopia.”
“I dunno .. if you look at the protanopia and deuteranopia pics on the wiki page for”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘deuteranopia’.
Another compilation of spelling words suitable for intermediate to advanced spellers.
List of words (or phrases) containing eye-, -eye-, or -eye. Beginning with red-eye and eyebright.
I've since begun adding other more oblique terms that lack the string -eye-, but that...
A poor pathetic thing, but mine own.
denoting a visual disorder
A place for me to keep all these weird words, whether I guessed them correctly or not.
Hopefully, I'll be using this site for more than one year. It will be fun then to look back and see what new words I found worthy of notice in any given year.
All words spotted in 2008...
Looking for tweets for deuteranopia.