from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to dialysis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the quality of unloosing or separating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of dialysis, in any sense of that word.
- In medicine, unloosing; unbracing, as the fibers; relaxing.
- In mathematics, pertaining to the process of differentiating equations successively until the different powers of the unknown quantities can be regarded as independent.
- In biology, noting an evolutionary stage or condition in which the divergent characters of inbred varieties do not combine or average in the hybrids but follow one or the other of the parental lines, as discovered by Mendel. Compare catalytic, 2, *hemilytic, and *prostholytic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.