Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or of the nature of dialysis, in any sense of that word.
- In medicine, unloosing; unbracing, as the fibers; relaxing.
- In mathematics, pertaining to the process of differentiating equations successively until the different powers of the unknown quantities can be regarded as independent.
- In biology, noting an evolutionary stage or condition in which the divergent characters of inbred varieties do not combine or average in the hybrids but follow one or the other of the parental lines, as discovered by Mendel. Compare catalytic, 2, *hemilytic, and *prostholytic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to dialysis.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having the quality of unloosing or separating.
“Iatrogenic factors were another aspect impacting the gastrointestinal symptoms in peritoneal dialysis patients, including the pre-dialytic therapy and adjuvant therapy during peritoneal dialysis.”
“The objective of RENAL DISCOVERIES, The Baxter Extramural Grant Program is to stimulate and support research in the fields of dialytic therapies, chronic kidney disease, and co-morbidities associated with end-stage renal disease (ESRD), with the goal of improving the quality of life and reducing mortality of patients with kidney disease.”
“Patients are now freed from dialytic regimes, freed from stringent dietary and fluid constraints, and freed from being bounded to a geographical locality. ”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dialytic’.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for dialytic.