from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine equipped with a semipermeable membrane and used for performing dialysis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a hemodialysis machine that performs filtration by unequal diffusion through membranes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The instrument or medium used to effect chemical dialysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The parchment-paper, or septum, stretched over a wooden or gutta-percha ring, used in the operation of dialysis. Also spelled dialyser.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medical instrument for separating substances in solution by unequal diffusion through semipermeable membranes
dialyze + -er (Wiktionary)