from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various chemical compounds containing two amino groups, especially hydrazine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any compound containing two amino functional groups.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A compound containing two amido groups united with one or more basic or positive radicals, -- as contrasted with a diamide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name of a class of chemical compounds formed by substituting one or more alcohol radicals for hydrogen in a double molecule made up of two ammonia molecules.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any organic compound containing two amino groups
Sorry, no etymologies found.