American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having two stamens, as in the flowers of the sage.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having two stamens; specifically, pertaining to or having the characters of the Diandria.
- n. In ornithology, having two male mates.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) Of or pertaining to the class Diandria; having two stamens.
- Compare French diandre. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘diandrous’.
List of terms used in the study and classification of pollen and spores - both fossil and modern.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for diandrous.