from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two stamens, as in the flowers of the sage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the class Diandria; having two stamens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Of or pertaining to the class Diandria; having two stamens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having two stamens; specifically, pertaining to or having the characters of the Diandria.
- n. In ornithology, having two male mates.
Compare French diandre. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.