from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Government by two joint rulers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of government where power is shared between two joint authorities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A form of government in which the supreme power is vested in two persons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A government in which the executive power is vested in two persons, as that of the two joint kings of Sparta or of Siam, or as in the case of William and Mary of England. Also, erroneously, dinarchy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a form of government having two joint rulers
di- + -archy (Wiktionary)