Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Double-beating: applied to the pulse when for one heart-beat there are two arterial pulses as felt by the finger or shown by the sphygmograph.
- Pertaining to a dicrotic pulse.
- The smaller corresponding crest or wave in pulses not dicrotic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to dicrotism
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to dicrotism.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the second expansion of the artery in the dicrotic pulse.
“He slept well the following night and midday there was little change, except that the pupils acted to light, and the pulse had risen to 88, becoming dicrotic and small.”
“Killed off my first nurse out of hand -- good little boy, conscientious enough; took no care of himself; ate his meals in the sick-room against my wishes; off he went -- dicrotic pulse, diarrhea, vomiting, hospital, thrombosis of pulmonary artery, _pouf_, requiescat. ”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dicrotic’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for dicrotic.