from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus for holding the dies that cut threads on screws, bolts, pipes, or rods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A component that holds a die that cuts screw threads
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stock to hold the dies used for cutting screws.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contrivance for holding the dies used in screw-cutting. It is made in various forms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that holds the dies that cut external threads on metal cylinders
Sorry, no etymologies found.