from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put (data, for example) into digital form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To represent something (such as an image or sound) as a structured sequence of binary digits
- v. To quantize a continuous or analog value; to convert it into a discrete value
- v. To finger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To finger.
- transitive v. To convert (information, a signal, an image) into a form expressible in numbers or in binary notation. The original signal before digitization is usually in analog form.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To finger; handle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put into digital form, as for use in a computer
digit + -ize (Wiktionary)