Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Twelve-sided: as, a dihexagonal prism or pyramid: also used to describe a double six-sided pyramid or quartzoid.
- In crystallography, noting a type of symmetry characterized by a hexad axis (that is, one of six-fold symmetry) in which six planes of symmetry intersect. See symmetry.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Consisting of two hexagonal parts united; thus, a
dihexagonalpyramid is composed of two hexagonal pyramids placed base to base.
- adj. Having twelve similar faces.
- di- + hexagonal (Wiktionary)
“The specimen is exceedingly rare not only because of its size and color, but also because of its dihexagonal, or twelve-sided, shape.”
‘dihexagonal’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for dihexagonal.