from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Personal affairs that could cause embarrassment or distress if made public: Let's not air our dirty laundry in front of our guests. Also called dirty linen.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Unflattering facts or questionable activities that one wants to remain secret, but which some other may use to blackmail with.
- n. Laundry that is unclean or soiled
- n. A clothes hamper or other container used to place unclean or soiled laundry in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. personal matters that could be embarrassing if made public
Sorry, no etymologies found.