from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the entrails from.
- transitive v. To deprive of meaning or substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To take or let out the bowels or interior parts of; to eviscerate.
- v. To take or draw from the body, as the web of a spider.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take or let out the bowels or interior parts of; to eviscerate.
- transitive v. To take or draw from the body, as the web of a spider.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of the bowels, or of parts analogous to the bowels; eviscerate: as, to disembowel a carcass; to disembowel a book by tearing out leaves.
- To wound in the abdomen in such a manner as to permit the bowels to protrude or escape, as in suicide by hara-kiri.
- To take or draw from the bowels, as the web of a spider.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the entrails of
dis- + embowel (Wiktionary)