from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make unable or incapable; prevent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To disable; to disqualify.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To disable; to disqualify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of power, natural or moral; disable; deprive of ability or means.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make unable to perform a certain action
dis- + enable (Wiktionary)