American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To deprive of a privilege, an immunity, or a right of citizenship, especially the right to vote; disenfranchise.
- v. To deprive (a corporation, for example) of a privilege or franchise.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of the rights and privileges of a free citizen; deprive of chartered rights and immunities; deprive of any franchise, especially of the right of voting in elections. Formerly sometimes written diffranchise.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To deprive of a franchise or chartered right; to dispossess of the rights of a citizen, or of a particular privilege, as of voting, holding office, etc.
- v. deprive of voting rights
“Thirty-two states in clear terms disfranchise (or give the”
“I have taken it upon myself to challenge and confront those who would disfranchise American”
“America to disfranchise Americans of the Muslim faith.”
“The Oligarchy has kicked into high gear, exploiting the social dislocations of the Great Recession to disfranchise, pulverize, bat down, and crush the working middle class.”
“Sure your followers will surly vote for you those disfranchise republicans.”
“To disfranchise women is deliberately to turn from knowledge and grope in ignorance.”
“Against this backdrop, the right-of-center government led by Netanyahu appears to be committed to disfranchise Palestinians, suppress opposition, undermine democratic values and forsake the moral tenants on which the state of Israel was created.”
“His supporter & african american so head strong, they say it would disfranchise african american if he is not the nominee, so imature & idiotic is it not.”
“And should be this, is a Swing State, the voters didnt move up the date stop disfranchising voters for Party sins, We the People elect candidates not Parties, Mich and Fla voters have every right to be heard, do not suppress votes what the DNC is doing is no different than what republicans have done to disfranchise voters.”
“He cannot be trusted and Obama will disfranchise a million of us who want to have a voice in his campaign.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘disfranchise’.
new words i want to keep
Looking for tweets for disfranchise.