from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the clothing or covering from.
- intransitive v. To undress oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to undress someone or something
- v. to undress oneself
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To divest of a robe; to undress; figuratively, to strip of covering; to divest of that which clothes or decorates.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To divest of a robe or garments; undress.
- To divest of any enveloping appendage; denude; uncover: as, autumn disrobes the fields of verdure.
- To divest one's self of a robe or of one's garments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. get undressed
Apparently Sweet P's diva likes to "disrobe" - that is her thing.
Now before he left the room, he said 'disrobe' but I'm leaving the boxers on.
The "disrobe" plan started as a Facebook group, organized by the leading protest group, Take Back Commencement.
There is going to be a distinct backlash on the Muslim community if American citizens are forced to routinely disrobe in order to board their flights.
Forcing everyone to disrobe and be probed is likely going to be unacceptable to many non-Muslim Americans.
Grace feels the girls and the queen disrobe her with their eyes.
When Mary Catherine came to him that morning—before he found Dick in the car—and started to disrobe, Father Amadi realized his ability to pretend had forever died.
Browne, who grew up Catholic in Allentown, Pa., said he thought it would be funny to have the priests disrobe the nuns.
Maybe if you'd been catching balls yourself, instead of spending the whole challenge trying to disrobe Grant Laudable as that lofty goal is, you might have found yourself "meant to win."
A committee on women's issues has recommended that flight suits be redesigned for both men and women so it's unnecessary to disrobe before urinating.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.