from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of sleeping or becoming dormant by day.
- n. continuance during the day
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Continuance during the day.
- n. The condition of sleeping or becoming dormant by day, as is the case of the bats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quiescent or somnolent state of some animals, as the bat, during the day, as contrasted with their activity at night.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.