from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A turned-down corner of a page in a book.
- transitive v. To turn down the corner of (the page of a book).
- transitive v. To make worn or shabby from overuse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. folded corner of a page (as from a book or magazine, so as to mark one's place)
- v. To fold the corner of a book's page.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an acroterium.
- n. a corner of a page turned down to mark a place.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a corner of a page turned down to mark your place
Sorry, no etymologies found.