from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Having the shape of the head of an ax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like the head of an axe or hatchet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like the head of an ax or hatchet, as some leaves, and also certain organs of some shellfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form of an ax or a cleaver
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the shape of the head of an ax or cleaver
Latin dolābra, pickax (from dolāre, to hew) + -form.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin dolabra ("mattock"), from dolo ("hew") + -form. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.