American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The symbol ($), used mainly to indicate a dollar amount.
- n. punctuation symbol $, used to indicate a price in dollars.
- n. programming in certain languages (such as Perl or PHP), to indicate a variable.
- n. programming in certain languages, used to indicate a hexadecimal constant.
- n. programming in certain languages, used to indicate a constant.
- n. programming in certain languages (such as BASIC), to indicate a variable or a constant containing text (a string) as opposed to a number.
- n. programming in regular expressions, used to indicated the end of the string/line.
- n. a symbol of commercialism or greed
- n. a mark ($) written before a number to indicate that it stands for the number of dollars
“She blinked her thickly mascaraed eyelashes, trying in vain to make the dollar sign in front of the figures go away.”
‘dollar sign’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for dollar sign.