American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A plant of the genus Doronicum, which includes the leopard's bane.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of composite plants, much resembling the arnica, natives of Europe and temperate Asia. D. Caucasicum and D. Pardalianches are cultivated for their flowers, and are commonly known as leopard's-bane.
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Doronicum including the leopard's bane
- n. genus of Eurasian perennial tuberous or rhizomatous herbs: leopard's bane
- New Latin, from Arabic darawnaj, from Persian darūnak. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A formal garden is surrounded by high yew hedges and planted only with daisy-type flowers, starting with doronicum in spring and ending the year with asters and single chrysanths.”
‘doronicum’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for doronicum.