from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pair of joined reeds that vibrate together to produce sound in certain wind instruments, such as bassoons and oboes.
- n. An instrument in which sound is produced by a pair of joined reeds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pair of reeds, in any of several wind instruments, that are joined together and vibrate together
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woodwind that has a pair of joined reeds that vibrate together
- n. a pair of joined reeds that vibrate together to produce the sound in some woodwinds
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.