- v. transitive To double the quantity, amount or duration of something
- v. poker, by extension, intransitive To double one's amount of chips by winning an all-in pot.
- v. To bend, bend over; to fold; to stoop.
- v. intransitive To have a secondary use.
- v. baseball, transitive To get the second out in a double play, typically referring to getting an out by beating a runner back to a base (often by throwing) after a fly ball has been caught
- v. intransitive To employ double the usual resources for a particular purpose.
- v. stake winnings from one bet on a subsequent wager
- v. bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain
- v. share a room or a bed designed for only one person
“Torbert attacked with such vigor as at first to double up the head of Breckenridge's corps and throw it into confusion, but when the Confederates realized that they were confronted only by cavalry, Early brought up the whole of the four infantry divisions engaged in his manoeuvre, and in a sharp attack pushed Torbert rapidly back.”
“Change Handlers if Sso-ngii can't hold on — double up if you have to — but keep Sleipnir here.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘double up’.
Phrases using the word "double." No doubles allowed. ;-)
Looking for tweets for double up.