from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To double the quantity, amount or duration of something
- v. To double one's amount of chips by winning an all-in pot.
- v. To bend, bend over; to fold; to stoop.
- v. To have a secondary use.
- v. To get the second out in a double play, typically referring to getting an out by beating a runner back to a base (often by throwing) after a fly ball has been caught
- v. To employ double the usual resources for a particular purpose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. stake winnings from one bet on a subsequent wager
- v. bend over or curl up, usually with laughter or pain
- v. share a room or a bed designed for only one person
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.