from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A knife with a handle at each end of the blade, used with a drawing motion to shave a surface. Also called drawshave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A joiner's tool having a blade with a handle at each end, used to shave off surfaces, by drawing it toward one; a shave; a drawshave.
- n. A tool used for the purpose of making an incision along the path a saw is to follow, to prevent it from tearing the surface of the wood.
- v. To cut or shave with a drawknife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. see drawing knife.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as drawing-knife, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woodworker's knife to shave surfaces
Sorry, no etymologies found.