American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large fishing net buoyed up by floats that is carried along with the current or tide.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gill-net supported upright in the water by floats and distended by means of weights below.
- n. fishing A very long fishing net, supported by floats, that drifts with the current behind a fishing boat
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. a kind of fishing net.
- n. a large fishnet supported by floats; it drifts with the current
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for drift net.