from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Textiles, clothing, and related articles of trade. Also called soft goods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any product for sale that does not require special storage treatment, but especially textiles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A commercial name for textile fabrics, cottons, woolens, linen, silks, laces, etc., -- in distinction from groceries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Textile fabrics, and related or analogous articles of trade (as cloth, shawls, blankets, ribbons, thread, yarn, hosiery, etc.), in distinction from groceries, hardware, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. textiles or clothing and related merchandise
Sorry, no etymologies found.