from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flap attached to a cap that may be turned down to cover the ears. Also called earlap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. either of two flaps attached to a cap that cover the ears
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm. On some hats the earflaps may be adjusted or tied to the top of the hat, and lowered when needed in colder weather.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hanging flap of a dog's ear.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm
Sorry, no etymologies found.