from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due east and east-northeast, or 78°45ʹ east of due north.
- adv. Toward or from east by north.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass point halfway between east and east-northeast, specifically 78.75°.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. according to the notation of the mariner's compass, that point which lies 111/4° to the north or south, respectively, of the point due east.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the compass point that is one point north of due east
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.