from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due east and northeast, or 67°30ʹ east of due north.
- adj. To, toward, of, facing, or in the east-northeast.
- adv. In, from, or toward the east-northeast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass bearing or compass point halfway between east and northeast, specifically 67.5°.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. that which lies 221/2° to the north or south of east, or half way between east and northeast or southeast, respectively. See Illust. of Compass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the compass point midway between northeast and east
Sorry, no etymologies found.