from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due east and southeast, or 112°30ʹ east of due north.
- adj. To, toward, of, facing, or in the east-southeast.
- adv. In, from, or toward the east-southeast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass bearing or compass point halfway between east and southeast, specifically 112.5°.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the compass point midway between east and southeast
Sorry, no etymologies found.