from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing abortion of a fetus or accelerating childbirth, oxytocic.
- n. An agent that produces abortion of a fetus or hastens delivery of the same.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A drug, as ergot, which by exciting uterine contractions promotes the expulsion of the contents of the uterus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Promoting parturition; producing abortion.
- n. A drug promoting parturition.
Sorry, no etymologies found.