from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An echinoderm of the class Echinoidea, which includes the sand dollars and sea urchins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any sea urchin or sea dollar of the class Echinoidea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Echinoidea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the form or appearance of a sea-urchin: in entomology, applied to certain insect-eggs which are shaped like an echinus, and covered with crowded deep pits.
- Pertaining to the Echinoidea.
- n. In zoology, one of the Echinoidea.
Sorry, no etymologies found.