Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the external pterygoid bone or muscle.
- n. An external pterygoid bone; one of the lateral bones of the palate of some animals, as reptiles. It is highly developed, for instance, in the crocodile. See Crocodilia.
- n. In typical fishes, the external of two bones just behind the palatine, generally called pterygoid. See cut under palato-quadrate.
- n. In anatomy, the ectopterygoid muscle.
- ecto- + pterygoid (Wiktionary)
“A long ectopterygoid serves as a lever-type mechanism to raise and lower the fang.”
‘ectopterygoid’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for ectopterygoid.