from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which is educed
- n. A reactant; see also product
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is educed, as by analysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is educed; extracted matter; specifically, something extracted unchanged from a substance.
- n. Figuratively, anything educed or drawn from another; an inference.
- n. In mathematics, an expression derived from another expression of which it is a part.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
That is, it is not completely and intrinsically dependent on the body which it animates, like form educt ex materiâ.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.