from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A note having one-eighth the time value of a whole note.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A note having one-eighth the duration of a whole note; a quaver
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the eighth part of a whole note, or semibreve; a quaver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In musical notation, a note having half the time-value of a quarter-note; a quaver: marked by the sign or , or, when grouped, , .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical note having the time value of an eighth of a whole note
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.