from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A high-velocity gun with a caliber of 88 millimeters, used by German troops as an antiaircraft and antitank weapon during World War II.
- n. An artillery shell, especially one fired by this gun.
- n. Slang A piano.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Number between eighty-seven and eighty-nine; decimal 88
- n. An abbreviation for 'Hugs and kisses' in amateur radio. Used especially in Morse code.
- n. A piano (from the number of keys)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being eight more than eighty
Sense 3, from the number of its keys.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)