from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A small, narrow loop of rubber or similar material used to hold items together.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. Same as rubber band.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a narrow band of elastic rubber used to hold things (such as papers) together


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.