from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to amber (especially having the ability to generate static electricity)
- adj. Of of pertaining to the alloy electrum
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or made of, amber.
- adj. Made of electrum, an alloy used by the ancients.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to or made of amber.
- Composed of the alloy called electrum (which see).
- n. The (supposed) principle of electricity; a (supposed) kind of matter which manifests electrical phenomena.
Latin electrinus of amber. See electric. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.