from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, or caused by electrotonus
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to electrical tension; -- said of a supposed peculiar condition of a conducting circuit during its exposure to the action of another conducting circuit traversed by a uniform electric current when both circuits remain stationary.
- adj. Relating to electrotonus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to electrical tension: applied by Faraday to what at one time he erroneously belived to be a peculiar latent state or condition of a conductor near another conductor through which an electric current was flowing.
- Of, pertaining to, or produced by electrotonus.
Sorry, no etymologies found.