from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- adj. Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- n. The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to elves; elvish.
- adj. Of or pertaining to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- n. The rock of an elvan vein, or the elvan vein itself; an elvan course.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An improper form of elfin.
- n. The name given in Cornwall (England) to dikes, which are of frequent occurrence in that region, and which, throughout the principal mining districts, have a course approximately parallel with the majority of the most productive tin and copper lodes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Players, if so inclined, could have their character enter into a same-sex relationship with male elvan assassin Zevran or female human bard Leliana.
Damn, everyone should have some soiled elvan underpants!
One to the elvan king, another to the witch, and lastly the wizard whose beard looked woven but yet, was grayly stitched.
South of Black Head, an eminence of about 150 feet, is the little port of Pentewan, noted for its elvan building stone, which is shipped, together with some china-clay, from its excellent small harbour.
You see, sir, just here a ridge of elvan crops up through the slate; the rock, out yonder, is good elvan, and that is why the sea has made an island of it, wearing away the softer stuff inshore.
Cornishmen 'blue elvan:' this diorite, composed of felspar and the hardest hornblende, contains granular iron and pyrites like silver.
As he croons, his elvan garb transforms into a glittery ensemble resembling one of John's getups.
Office: +46 707448893 elvan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Players, if so inclined, could have their character enter into a same-sex relationship with male elvan assassin Zeveran or female human bard Leliana.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.