from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To confine, support, or protect with an embankment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To throw up a bank so as to confine or to defend; to protect by a bank of earth or stone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To throw up a bank so as to confine or to defend; to protect by a bank of earth or stone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To inclose with a bank; furnish with an embankment; defend or strengthen by banks, mounds, or dikes; bank up.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. enclose with banks, as for support or protection
Sorry, no etymologies found.